I'm amused when I see multiple blog posts about a particular shoe appear across the Web within a short time period. It's kinda like a virtual trade show dedicated to one product. Brilliant marketing, really—not that I know anything about marketing.
Anyway, since I'm not a presenter at this week's trade show, I'll assume the role of the unofficial directory. So, if you haven't seen all the Road Glove hoopla that kicked off yesterday, check out these links for photos and first-hand impressions:
- Running, Rambling, and all-around-awesome blogger Donald writes an extensive Road Glove review with vibrant photos and a giveaway!
- Barefoot Josh attests to the Road Glove's merits as a marathon shoe.
- The barefoot superhero from Maple Grove promotes the Road Glove's functionality and incites public interest with a giveaway.
- The folks at BirthdayShoes.com also present a convincing case for the Road Glove with superb photos.
- (post-publication update) MinimalistRunningShoes decided to wait until Wednesday to join the show with a review of the Merrell Road Glove that glows so brightly my monitor nearly burst.
Of course, there were already a few reviews of the Road Glove on the web before this week. They appeared in September and October of 2011. So, this is probably phase two of the Merrell Road Glove, etc. Spring pre-release show. Good job keeping the line in our sights, Merrell.
Now, how do I go about obtaining my own "test" pair of Merrel Road Gloves so that I can confirm or refute all the claims made in the posts linked above? Hmm....